Transracial Adoption Law and Legal Definition
Transracial adoption refers to the process of placing a child who is of one race or ethnic group with adoptive parents of another race or ethnic group.
In the U.S., transracial adoption is the placement of children of color or children from another country with Caucasian adoptive parents. A transracial adoption is also transcultural, with the adopted child coming from a different country or culture as well as a different racial background.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Abandonment [Intercountry Adoption]
- Accredited Agency [Adoption]
- Accredited Body [Adoption]
- Accrediting Entity [Adoption]
- Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS)
- Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA)
- Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act of 1980
- Adoption Disruption
- Adoption Dissolution