Treasury Offset Program Law and Legal Definition
Treasury Offset Program (TOP) is a public law that established the Tax Refund Offset Program. Tax Refund Offset Program permits the government to offset overpayments against delinquent child support obligations as well as debts owed to participating federal and state agencies.
Treasury’s Financial Management Service (FMS) office assumes responsibility and oversight for TOP.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 8 A Program
- Ability One Program
- Abuse in Later Life Program [Department of Justice]
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) Program [Education]
- Accelerated Nursing Degree Program
- Administrative Offset
- Administrative Program
- Advanced Placement Program
- Afterschool Care Program
- Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services Program